Saturday, March 3, 2012

My new dealer

On a blog in which I've unabashedly announced my dependence upon caffeine, the second thing I have to let you in on is who my dealer is.

And I'm talking about who I get my coffee from, people. Geez.

This is something that's on my mind at the moment because 1) Not surprisingly, I'm drinking a large cup of coffee right now, and 2) It's a new dealer. And I'm excited to share this with you.

Prior to this I was picking up my drug of choice (because remember, kids, caffeine is a drug) at various coffee shops I happen upon. I have an unexplained gravitational pull towards coffee houses if I happen to be within thirty yards or so of a place smelling of coffee. Sometimes, I even pick up my beans at the store. The grocery store I habit actually does have a fairly decent whole bean coffee.

And then my life changed last week, and definitely for the better.

A friend of mine began a small home business with her husband, the Pella Coffee Company. They buy the organic unroasted beans on a fair trade market, and roast them in small batches just a few houses down from my abode.

Words cannot express the sheer joy I felt at discovering this.

And to make it even sweeter, they offer free delivery. Yes, I know that they only live a few doors down on my block, but still...free delivery is free delivery! Wahoo!

I would definitely encourage you to check it out. Even if you don't live in my town and are unable to take advantage of free delivery, you're still getting great beans at a great price. I love supporting small family owned operations, and a business that is committed to buying only goods purchased for a fair price to the farmer and without harmful pesticides? Fantastic.

And the taste? Amazing. If you've only had coffee beans that have been roasted and packaged several months before you end up brewing them, you'll be delighted to discover the difference.

The Pella Coffee Company offers a nice selection of different beans, but also options for other beverages as well.

Please check them out!


http://www.pellacoffeecompany.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment